Saturday, July 30, 2011

Belgium

Tonight we play in Belgium. I'm quite excited because I get to see more old friends from previous tours, including one person I have not seen since Swing Kids played in Belgium in 1996.

Over the last several days we have played a few different places in Germany; Wiesbaden, Hamburg and Cologne. Each show got progressively better than the last one. The band played better each night, and the crowds got bigger and wilder. Last night in Cologne, I thought they were going to overtake the stage it was so crazy. I'm skeptical about the next few shows...Germany seemed to love us, but will it be the same in Belgium, London, Leeds and Barcelona?

I'm not sure that I have much of anything that is all that interesting to say at the moment. As I wrote a couple of posts ago, touring in a band can be kind of repetitious, and you don't really get much time to go explore. In fact, my big excitement and break from the ordinary yesterday was a trip to the laundromat...

...which was wonderful! When you're on the road, sweating every night on stage, and traveling each day, you feel kind of gross and dirty. I have showered just about every day of the tour so far except once, but until this morning when I put on my freshly laundered clothes, I never really felt particularly clean.

Anyway, this post is probably quite boring...so I suppose I'll wrap it up. Wish us luck in Belgium!

Oh...here's A photo. I haven't been taking very many.

This is Nathan, Jonas from Wolves Like Us, and Jimmy feeling out backstage in Cologne.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment