Monday, August 1, 2011

This is England

We appear to be back on track from our diversion into a small part of hell...

We've just arrived and are playing tonight at The Well in Leeds.  Last night we played in London at The Underworld, in Camden Town.  The show went pretty well, and attendance was much better than in Brugge.  It should hopefully go well tonight.  Fingers crossed.

On top of a good show in London, our hotel was MUCH better...but then, I don't know how it could get any worse than the Lemon Hotel in France.  Cardboard boxes on the street wouldn't be much a stretch from that place.

Anyway...here are some photos I took along the way yesterday and this morning...

    ...I ran out of cigarettes. Fortunately I found my brand at a shop in Camden Town.  The packaging is a little bit different however.
 I'm always glad when clubs post these.  First, it helps me to remember where I am, and second, I know exactly how much time I have to wander about and check things out.
 Jimmy's doppelganger was at the show last night.  Can you tell who is who?
 This is Autumn and JP.  Autumn lives in London, but is originally from San Diego.  She went to Mission Bay High with JP and Jose.  I've known her since around that time, or for about twenty years.
The shot below is of JP and Autumn dancing at a bar in Camden Town after the show.  This was one of two times that I have seen JP drunk.  As I mentioned in a previous post, we've been friends for over twenty years, but he very rarely drinks...so this was a rare occasion...and a funny one at that.  Everyone was quite drunk by the end of the night...it was one of those rare nights where we had time between getting out of the club and going to the hotel.
 Jose and Mathieu (Warsawwasraw's drummer) hanging out in the restaurant area of our hotel this morning.
 When Swing Kids played in Ieper fifteen years ago, I met a few people...I already mentioned Nathalie in a previous post...I also met Rudy, who now lives in London and runs a specialty vegan shop.  We stopped by his place this morning on the way out of London to grab a bite to eat before heading to Leeds.


Anyway, I'm off to load in now.  Tomorrow we fly to Barcelona...and that will be our last show.  For those of you reading at home, I'll see you in just a few days.

1 comment: